Happy Sunday bookworms!
Did everyone have a wonderful week? For those that celebrate, I hope your Christmas was wonderful!
I know things have been pretty quiet around Cover2CoverMom lately, BUT that is because I’ve been busy drafting up all my end of the year posts! End of the year posts are always so much fun to compile 🙂
*Bookish Weekly Wrap-Up is a weekly post where I feature what posts were published on the blog for the past week, any bookish/blog happenings, what I recently finished reading, what I am currently reading, what I will be reading next, noteworthy posts around the bookish blogosphere, and any interesting bookish articles I came across.
Speaking of drafting up posts, blogging is going to be much easier (and much faster) in 2019 on my brand new Google Pixelbook! Santa was definitely good to me this year. A new computer was WAY overdue… My old computer was just not cutting it any longer. It was so slow that I often gave up working on my blog out of frustration. Until I started blogging on my new computer, I didn’t realize just how bad my old computer was. I am really looking forward to blogging more in 2019 🙂
Recently Finished Reading:
» A Hat Full of Sky (Tiffany Aching #2) by Terry Pratchett
Feelings in a few thoughts:
- I fell in love with the Wee Free Men/Nac Mac Feegles in the first book, and they did not disappoint in the second installment!
- Tiffany is also a new favorite character. I just love how sensible & grounded she is. The combination of Tiffany with the Nac Mac Feegles is a hilarious pairing
- I will definitely be continuing on with this series. I need to figure out what my next Pratchett series will be.
» Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor #1) by Jessica Townsend
Feelings in a few thoughts:
- It has been a while since I’ve fallen so in love with a MG book. This book definitely will be on my list of favorite books of 2018!
- This book has been marketed to fans of Harry Potter, which I totally agree with. While there are definitely some similar tropes & themes to Harry Potter, Nevermoor definitely has it’s own distinct plotline. I would venture to say that this book brought me the closest I’ve ever come to those “Harry Potter feelings.”
- Loved the unique characters & world.
- Nevermoor includes a wonderful friendship between Morrigan & Hawthorne! This is one of the reasons I love MG so much, the focus on friendships.
- I was surprised to find myself laughing out loud a few times while reading this book. Oftentimes MG humor can be pretty corny, but this is not the case here.
» The Thief (The Queen’s Theif #1) by Megan Whalen Turner
» The German Girl by Armando Lucas Correa
» Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor #2) by Jessica Townsend
What Am I Reading Next?:
» The Stone Sky (The Broken Earth #3) by
THIS IS THE WAY THE WORLD ENDS… FOR THE LAST TIME.
The Moon will soon return. Whether this heralds the destruction of humankind or something worse will depend on two women.
Essun has inherited the power of Alabaster Tenring. With it, she hopes to find her daughter Nassun and forge a world in which every orogene child can grow up safe.
For Nassun, her mother’s mastery of the Obelisk Gate comes too late. She has seen the evil of the world, and accepted what her mother will not admit: that sometimes what is corrupt cannot be cleansed, only destroyed.
The remarkable conclusion to the post-apocalyptic and highly acclaimed trilogy that began with the multi-award-nominated The Fifth Season.
» Jackie @Death by Tsundoku shares 10 things she learned about yours truly when we met last month ⇒ 10 Things I Learned About Amanda When We Met
What are you currently reading?
What will you read next?
Have a wonderful week & happy reading