Today I am back with my 2nd installment of Bookish Crafts! In case you missed my 1st installment, Bookish Crafts is a feature where I combine two of my great loves: crafting & books! These posts will be “how-to” posts with step-by-step instructions.
In the spirit of the holiday season, I thought I do a Christmas themed bookish craft this month…
If you missed my first bookish craft post, you can read it here ⇒ Bookish Crafts: How To Make a Succulent Book Planter
Have you ever wanted to add a little bookish touch to your Christmas tree? These ornaments are perfect DIY to add to your own tree, or use as gifts for teachers, bookworm friends/family, book club members, librarians, book sellers, writers, etc.
The best part about these ornaments is that you can customize them to your personal tastes or needs! Have a well loved copy of a favorite book that is ready for retirement? Why not repurpose a few of the pages into ornaments?
Today I am going to show you how to make a basic book page ornament that you can tailor to any theme or décor.
What you’ll need:
- Clear glass ornaments – I purchased an 18 pack of the small sized glass ornaments for under $5
- Book pages
What to do:
- Step One: Cut the book pages into one-line strips. Tip – Make sure there is writing on both sides of each strip.
- Step Two: Take the strips and curl each strip with the scissors. Use the same method as you would curl ribbon, but use less pressure as the paper is more fragile than ribbon. If you do not know how to curl ribbon, you can find step-by-step instructions here ⇒ How to Curl Ribbon
- Step Three: Place the curled strips into the glass ornament.
- Step Four: Repeat steps 1-3 until you reach desired number of ornaments, or until you run out of supplies.
- Step Five: Add personal touches like ribbon to customize to your décor or theme.
- Step Six: Sit back and enjoy! Or, if you are giving out as gifts, get ready to be praised for your creative DIY spirit!
Do you celebrate Christmas?
If so, do you put up a Christmas tree? How do you decorate it?
Comment below & let me know!