Happy Sunday evening bookworms!
How did everyone’s weekend go?! It finally is starting to feel like fall here in Ohio. Fall means cooler weather, flannel, boots, fires, heated blankets, pumpkin spice creamer, football, changing colors, and lots of reading! What’s not to love? Yes, I realize how basic I am.
*Bookish Weekly Wrap-Up is a weekly post where I feature what posts were published on the blog for the past week, any bookish/blog happenings, what I recently finished reading, what I am currently reading, what I will be reading next, noteworthy posts around the bookish blogosphere, and any interesting bookish articles I came across.
Recently Finished Reading:
» The Reluctant Queen (The Queens of Renthia #2) by Sarah Beth Durst
Feelings in a few thoughts:
- The Reluctant Queen did not have that same spark for me that the first book did.
- I feel like I struggled with the fact that Daleina took a secondary role in this book. Naelin becomes our main character in this book. I liked Naelin’s character for the most part, but she didn’t hold a flame compared to my love for Daleina.
- I am still in love with this world & its magic system
- I did manage to guess one of the big plot twists fairly early in the book, however not in its entirety.
- I’m wondering if part of my issue with this book has to do with the format I read it in. I’ve been reading this series via audiobook. This book was narrated by Khristine Hvam, who I think is a good narrator, but I could not stand her voices for Naelin’s children. The high pitched whining… I just couldn’t take it!
- Despite the fact that I did not enjoy this book as much as the first book, I am very excited for the next book! I have a feeling a war is coming 🙂
» A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes #3) by Sabaa Tahir
Feelings in a few thoughts:
- It took me a good 100 pages to get into this book, which did not happen with the first two books. It all felt a bit jumbled, and I wasn’t sure where the plot was going at first.
- Totally called the big reveal in this book. I called it during the first book.
- Like the first two books, A Reaper at the Gates was full of action, adventure, political intrigue, and a touch of romance.
- Loved that the jinn & ghosts were a bigger part of this book.
- Elias. My heart hurt for him for the entirety of this book.
- I cannot wait to see how everything will conclude in the final installment. I HAVE to know what the Nightbringer’s motivations are!
» A Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner
» Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman
What Am I Reading Next?:
» The Exiled Queen (Seven Realms #2) by Cinda Williams Chima
What are you currently reading?
What will you read next?
Have a wonderful week & happy reading